Separation Anxiety.



assalamualaikum, readers(: 

Yes, I am having it now. I can feel its loss. The importance of having it. And when it is no longer there, I feel lonely. Nothing to look at, listen to and the time we spent together. It happened a lot of time before but surprisingly, I am not that worries like last time. I am so relaxed. In fact, I made some alternatives. And I am amazed myself. Of course, it was such a hard thing to do. It was something everyone owns. Not one but can be more than that. 

No, not a person. Mobile phones. Admit it, when it is not there, you feel at loss. Like me, now. But, at the same time, I enjoy it not having the phone around. We are too hooked on it. It helps us in many ways. It is part of your life, daily life. It is your diary, your book, your checklist, your calendar, your address book, your telephone, your own playlist, your everything. But, what happened if something bad happened to it? You are too depending on it and when bad things happen, you don't know what to do. It happened to me all the time. Each time it happens, I will always tell myself, "Before something similar like this happen, I am going to write the number of the important people in my life on a small notebook so if in the future, it happens, I have my backup." 

Guess what, I keep on forgetting. When the phone is spoil and goes for repair, I don't have any back up plans. The only thing I have is twitter so people communicate with me through social media which is mostly twitter. 

And, yes, I am offcially phone-less for almost a week now. How do I feel? Horrible, at first. Thus, I look for other alternative like reading books. Yes, back to the old-fashioned way. Wherever I go now, I have a book in my hand. Not just in my bag but I am actually holding a book in my hand. While people are staring at their screens, I was reading a book. When I finished reading it, I felt happy because at least my journey to work/anywhere else was just meaningful. Usually, I couldn't finished reading my books when the phone is around and I would return it without even reading it. Wasted right? It happens all the time. So now, I made a point where I will read all of them and return it. Borrow a new batch. Yes. 

All I want to say is that being separated from something that has always been a part of your life is hard but there are other alternatives. Don't just rely on the mobile phones because anything can happen. Be prepared for the worst. (: Have a book in your bag always. Or maybe for some, kindle, is it? Well, a book is much preferred for me. (: 

till next time,
SZulaikha. (: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive To Negative Real Quick.

Hong Kong Day 2-4.

Dear Nenek Bibi.