21st Anniversary Charity Carnival @ Darul Ma'wa

assalamualaikum, readers. 

Last Sunday, I put aside some time for this Charity event even though, I had a long day for the past two days. I still managed to wake up early and go to Bugis for this event with my aunt. Its been a while since I last volunteered for an event. I agreed to help and alhamdulilah, it was a success.

Let me enlighten some of you, readers, about Darul Ma'wa. Darul Ma'wa is also known as Jamiyah Children's Home is a Voluntary Welfare Organization (VWO) established by Jamiyah Singapore(Muslim Missionary Society Singapore) which a full member of the National Council of Social Services in Singapore. 

For this charity event, it is to celebrate their 21st anniversary and its like a bazaar where the public can rent the stalls and the earnings/profit will go to Darul Ma'wa. Instead of using money, we used coupons instead to buy the items and the vouchers are everywhere, of course, you need to find the relevant officers. They will hold on to the vouchers and you can purchase them. 1 voucher is $5. And after using the coupons, you can put the voucher in for lucky draw. Who knows, you might win something? Hehehe. No, I didn't win anything. oh waaaaait, I did win something. I win an experience. HEHEHE, got you! 


Back to the charity event, the owner of the stall was my aunt's friend, she was selling fritters. 6 types of fritters. Banana, Sweet, Vegetables, Anchovies, Prawn and Onion. And, I am the assistant. Of what you ask? My aunt cause she was the one who mixed all of the ingredients. There were packets of flour for different type of fritters. Super busy on that day. Flour all over the place,  flying vegetables, water everywhere, messy but it was worth the hard work. The fritters were gone the minute after they put on display. Some even reserved because the fritters were still frying when they wanted to buy them. 

There were many food stalls like burger, banana fritters, cupcakes, churros, drinks and more drinks(cocktails) and etc. Sorry, its fasting month and I am here listing the food they sold there. Sorry okay?
So, overall, you know what bazaar is like right? They even have song request booth. A band called "Jentayu" set up a booth and the member of public can just request or even sing with them, provided you have a good voice or confident of your voice. Confidence mau lebih! 

Besides that, they had prize giving for the children, specially for those who done well in school and also performances by various artistes to grace the event. 





And, alhamdulilah for the event and also, I can checked this on my bucketlist, weeeeeeehoooo~
Well, I love this kind of events, not only you gained experience, you might get to know new friends, and dapaaaaat pahalaaaa tauuu(rewards!). Do attend this kind of events in the future, okaaaay? (: I have another volunteer event on 12 July. Look forward for the post! 

till here,
Ramadan Ya Kareem to all of the muslim friends
in the world. 
(: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive To Negative Real Quick.

Hong Kong Day 2-4.

Dear Nenek Bibi.