Funfairs.


assalamualaikum, readers(:

I have a soft spot for fun fairs. It was my happy place. When I was a little girl, my parents always bring me and my brother to fun fairs. Back then, the fun fairs always with pasar malam. They are like a combo, in a pair, always. 

Weekends are always family days and usually, weekends got pasar malam. Ayah will always say," Let's go to pasar malam!" My brother and I always get excited over the fact we were going to fun fairs. Because of bumper cars. At that point of time, we are not at the age where we can go for other rides because we were too young. So, the only thing we can ride are bumper cars, pirate ship, bouncing castle and roller-coaster(for me!) because of my height.

I remember the feeling when I was on the roller-coaster. It was pure happiness, Genuine one. I was happy. Very happy. The reason why I am still in love with roller-coasters! 

As for bumpers cars, I always end up crying. HAHAHA. Cause, I always drive till the corner and cannot reverse back until the game was over. KENTAL kannn. Then cry. Ayah will always say, "next time, drive with ayah, ayah will guide you." Those words. (; 

And, then, here comes the big rides for adults, Ayah said. I remembered, I asked Ayah, "Why you don't want to ride that?" Ayah just smiled at me. Reason being, he was scared. HAHAHAHA. He was not a fan of these rides. He is still not a big fan of it. While, ibu is the adventurous one. 

We always end the night by watching the big rides and ate "keropok roda" together. I told my parents every night we went to fun fairs, "One day, kakak will get to ride them. All of the big rides. " 

To think back now, the funfairs are nowhere to be seen in Singapore anymore. If there are still fun fairs, that will still be my happy place. Aside from wanting to travel and to visit different theme parks, I also want to go to funfairs all over the world. (: Now that, Uncle Ringo is no longer having funfairs regularly, it makes me miss it a little more. 

And, guess what, Uncle Ringo knows I misses fun fairs a lot so there will be a fun fair at the Floating Platform at Marina Bay. Hehehe. I texted Ezzaty and off we went todaaay. At last, my dream came true. 

That was what I thought at the very least. However, it was disappointing. There were only a few rides outdoor. Technically, 3 rides ah. We need to purchase a new card at the counter, $22 for $20 worth in the card & $50 for $50 worth la. We bought the $20 card and  topped up $10 more. 

So I asked Ezzaty, " Which one first? " "Ghost Train ah!" OMGGG, this was hilarious. We sat in the car ah like that. Then go in like a room, shouted like crazy, then, go for second round. Total rounds are 2 rounds. kental habis. yang penting, kita jerit. we shouted. Ezzaty shouted the first round and she said, "got pochong la." HAHAHAHA. the whole ride for $7 for 5 mins. MEH! 

Second ride, I went for the Meteorite, it will spin and go up and downn. We had to stand throughout the ride. Ezzaty did not take this ride cause she was scared. Hahaha. I took it and it was standing and it spinned like crazy. I closed my eyes and think happy thoughts. It felt like I was on my bed and everything was just spinning except me. It was somehow peaceful. Weird but the truth. It was $7 per person. 

Third & final ride, BUMPER CARS! FAVOURITE OUT OF EVERYTHING. HAHAHAHA. I drove two full rounds and realized someone was following me so I turned the car around and bumped into her. I looked like an angry ex. Hahaha. And yes, they are couple.  Hahahaha. The guy was attractive la hor. thats why, angry ex. Hahaha. I got bruises but it makes me happy so yeah. That will be $10/car. 

Thus, the rest were indoors and a few at outdoors like pirate ship and some stall games. A total disappointment but a great time spent with Ezzaty! (:








funfairs will always have a special place in my heart.
will meet again, someday. 
(:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive To Negative Real Quick.

Hong Kong Day 2-4.

Dear Nenek Bibi.