OKCupid.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Peace be upon you, readers. 

I want to share with you readers about an app. Online dating app. I am not a guru or master in this. I am just user of the app. Singles and people in relationships are in this too. Why I decided to blog about this? Because it is time for me to share with you my views about this. Like what people say, "you don't know what it is until you try."

I do not tell people at first I used this app to find love. I do not tell people that I have guys hitting up on me asking me for meet ups and numbers. I do not tell people that I am so desperate for love that I am looking for it online. 

I started using this app in 2013. 3 years now. Have I uninstall it for once? I did. Reinstall again? I did. And, now, I half fully understand that online dating app does not mean you will get a boyfriend in an instant. It still needs time to work out. From saying hi in the app, to whatsapp and finally meeting them in person or prolly not meeting them in person, it is still a long way.  

Two possible results out of this dating app: 

1. Be happily married to the person. 
2. Looking for a new person after the previous one left. 

Pros of dating app: 
1. You get to see good looking guys with impressive profiles all over the world
2. You get to chat with someone who has similar interest with you
3. You get to meet your doppelganger. (who knows, they are your distant relatives!)
4. You will come across your long lost schoolmates and surprised to how fine they are now! 
5. Nice people who gave you motivations and encouraging words. 
6. Convenient

Cons of dating app:
1. Judging people based on their photos, profiles and the way, they start their conversation.
2. They got your number and poof, they disappear, 
3. Talking about sex whether or not, you are wearing hijab.
4. Talking about marriage and restrict your  when you have not have a proper date yet
5. Saw your guy friend's profile and you were like, "I thought he is attached?!!"
6. Saw your cousin's profile and screenshot it, whatsapped him and vice versa. 

Yes, I went through all of that plus rude/bad dates. And me, being easily falling in love, got hooked on guys who treat me nice and made me feel happy even for a short period. But thanks to them leaving when I am into them, taught me that people might not have the same feelings as you do. So much you wanted them to be into you, feelings cannot be forced. 

Some dudes left but their numbers are still in my contact list. I've yet to delete them off. Some dudes are just friends on the social media sites like instagram, twitter, facebook. Some dudes are just not on my list anymore because they cannot stand me being busy all the time. 

But, now, I felt that I need to stop using the app. Because I have my priorities right now. Like I want to travel and discover more things. Like I want to graduate and get a full time job. love will come later. Allah has better plans for me. I know that. Its time to fully leave it to Allah. Redha. 

And, I would love to meet someone first before texting not texting first before meeting. :) 

you are beautiful and worthwhile to wait for. 
you are worth a lot! 

love, 
Siti Zulaikha. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive To Negative Real Quick.

Hong Kong Day 2-4.

Dear Nenek Bibi.