Introspeksi: Ziarah 2016.

assalamualaikum, readers!

I just realised that I did not post my 24th birthday celebration post. boooo mehhhh! so, actually my laptoppie is in the hospital again. oh nooo! thus, lack of updates, sorry yaaaa! and today's post is for my first theatre musical production I did for SIM and also, first paid show, INTROSPEKSI; ZIARAH 2016, which was on 24th September 2016!!!

and, first time wear makeup from professional people and also, wearing falsies. that one, first and last mann! so heavy that it blocked half of my eyesight. feels sleepy all the time. and, it keeps on poking my eyes. but, it was still a good experience. kahwin, tak nak pakai la. menyemak je. 

However, it was a good experience and learning new things along the way under Abang Moktar or he is known as KEATAR HM. I joined initially as a dancer because I wanted to take a break from acting. We attended workshops so that we will be equipped with basics before anything else. Then, of course, during workshops, I gave my all for acting because I was confident that I will not get any role. At least, I get to act for awhile and focus on dancing only.

Soon after, the script was released and we got our roles. I was given a role with Halijah, which we both did not expected the roles and we were obviously felt that "Oh my god, noooo!" HAHAHAHA. I played as Kak Lili & Halijah played as Ruby. We are "THE CLEANERS". wooo, like band name ah but our instruments were cleaner trolley and mop. HUHUHU!

Intense training started. Focused rehearsals. Dancing routines too. Emotions. Steps. Mann, I cannot multi-task. Dancing was especially hard for me. I looked at the videos all night. Checked with my dance mates if it was okay.Till the very end, till the show day, my steps were barely...there. 

A one hell of a rollercoaster ride. We cried a lot.We argued a lot. We practiced over and over again. Felt like giving up and just walked away. You know I almost did a few times. But thanks to the committee, my dance girls, my partner, Halijah, the actors, actually, everyone for giving me the encouragement and motivations! 

Let me share you the synopsis of Ziarah 2016!

ZIARAH 2016

A coming-of-age musical revolving around the lives of students, presented by SIM Malay Cultural and Muslim Society. Syafiq, Erman & Jailani, 3 men with different backgrounds and even more differing dreams, but with a shared understanding of the struggles as new graduates.


These friends, in emerging adulthood, are on their journey of self discovery and exhilarating exploration of various life possibilities.


However, when life throws them a curveball, how are these men expected to deal with them?




ARE YOU READY FOR THE PICTURES????!


Photos By; Shahril Samri FB










Stage Photos by: Official Photographers

@danialirianto
@sahlansahlan
@a.yser














Twas, what's left is just a Post production for now which will happen on 12th & 13th November. Mann, typing this out reminds me of those days, so much I miss it, somehow, I am glad that it was a good one. I have received a lot of love from this show. With people coming up to me when I am at work or when I was outside be it in the train and wherever I go, thank you a million times for watching the show and even approached me outside to say hello and told me you enjoyed the show. 

Most credits goes to the director himself for putting in effort and time of his to actually give us focused reheasals so that we will be able to deliver our roles and lines properly. Thankful for every single thing. Thankful for the friendship forged. Thankful for the meet-ups. Thankful for the team61. Thankful for teamwestsiders. Thankful for the memories made this year.

Life goes on. And this is especially hard for me. Even with frequent meetups, I have grown attached to all of them! Not sure if I will be joining next year's introspeksi. Insha'allah, jika allah izin kan saya, saya akan cuba because it is tough to do this without my parents knowledge. OOPS! 

Thank you for reading and I will update the next post on IPOH & PENANG. YASSS! 

till then, 
Siti Zulaikha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hong Kong Day 2-4.

Positive To Negative Real Quick.

Dear Nenek Bibi.