Hong Kong Day 2-4.

assalamualaikum, readers! 

Day 2 post for Hong Kong is finally here. The month has been hectic as Ramadhan is here and also, in between, I run out of energy fast as it was spent at work with the kids. Back to this, basically, Day 2 was just Disneyland. The rides are mostly family friendly meaning more kiddy rides than thrilling rides. I have never been to Disneyland so I decided to start my first Disneyland Journey in Hong Kong. And, ohh, when you saw the train to Disneyland, you know you were going to a magical place. The insides of the train were cute too. From the handles, to the statues and even their windows, how can I not fall in love? 

10 April 2018 


Hong Kong Disneyland
Lantau Island, Hong Kong
$88 via Klook App.

The park was big and thus, lots of walking. Upon reaching, I knew that I really want to eat the Mickey Mouse waffle as I had been seeing on other people instagram and no, it was not that extraordinary waffle that had fireworks in your mouth, it was just for trying it out. had waffles for brunch before exploring. 


There were honey and chocolate sauce underneath the two ears which you could choose to eat in whichever you wanted to. After having waffles, I finally started exploring. I took most rides such as Mad Hatter Tea Cups, Cinderella Carousel, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's Phillarmagic, Hyperspace Mountain, Orbitron & RC Racer.  




Out of everything, I enjoyed going to the shows. I went for Storytime Playbook & Lion King. The lights, sounds, songs and dance were amaaaazing. Even though the actors were speaking in chinese for Storytime Playbook but I really love the songs and all of their stage costumes. Sadly, the fireworks were under construction if not, it would have been a perfect night. 

And, if you were wondering if there were prayer rooms, yes, they had it all. Even for halal food. However, it was expensive so I only had dinner over there which was Indonesian food but it was good and the day ended with the parade and also, mini Mickey's Concert. 














Thus, Day 2 ended with just feeling content and appreciating the handle bars in the train. How cuteee kannnn??! 



I went back to hotel and did a mini photoshoot on my own because I realized that I did not took much photos of myself thus, did a mini one at the staircase outside my room. 





Now, let's go on to Day 3. 

Day 3

11 April 2018

After a wonderful day 2 and also, packing my bag at night, it was time for the long awaited hiking. Checked out of the hotel as I would be checking in the next hotel after trekking. Checked out, left my backpack at the Y-Loft before heading to meet my tour guide at Shau Kei Wan MTR at 11am. 

Along the way, I grabbed some bread to eat on the go for breakfast. Met him and another fellow hiker, Veronica. We took a Mini Bus to the starting point of the Dragon's Back Trail where the toilets and water point at.  


Dragon's Back Trail
Hong Kong, Shek O, Dragon's Back
$83.40 via Klook App incl. minibus fares

Had a great hiking with both of them. We shared our stories from families, love, jobs and also things that happened in the world right now. And, my stamina was meh. The both of them had to keep waiting for me because I was panting halfway and them motivating me, made it worthwhile. At the end of the hike, there was a gem waiting for us. There was a beach, Big Wave Beach. Angmohs were everywhere. It felt like I was at an secret island. And oh, while hiking, you could see tycoon's properties and the golf course. 









Had coconut water by the beach,
oh man, it was such a bliss!

The hiking was 2 Hours and it was a little cold at the peak but all was good. I will definitely recommend this trail if you ever want to come to Hong Kong. 

After the trail, I went back to Y-Loft to collect my bag and left for another hotel which was much more nearer to the airport, well that was I thought. Truth was I needed to change lines twice. HAHAHA with a big bag and cold train. 

After almost 2 hours travelling, walking and finding the hotel, I finally found it and fell in love with it. 



Penta Hotel @ Tuen Mun
6 Tsun Wen Rd, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
$127.99 via Hotels.com







After checking in, I rested and counted my money but it wasn't enough so I googled the nearest money changer, called them and asked whether they were closing soon as on google, it was stated they closed in 1hr 30 mins time at that point of time. Thank god, I called because they were actually going to close in 30 mins time. Hurriedly went out via the back exit of the hotel, to only found out that the MTR was just 10 mins away from the hotel. -.- 

Changed money and went back to the hotel to rest a bit more before going out after maghrib. That night, I finally did shopping which was just mainly souvenirs to bring home. 



Temple Street Night Market
 Temple St, Jordan, Hong Kong

I bought magnets, pouches, chopsticks and postcards. And, along the way home, I bought instant noodles for dinner. That pretty much summed up my Day 3. 

Day 4
12 April 2018

Checked out and walked to the MTR. Took the airport express train to the airport. And ohh, it was super leceh okay, you needed to take a train to the departure gates and mine was the furthest. And, to wrapped the whole trip, had caramel macchiato from Starbucks and that simply an icing on the whole trip. 




finally, I am done blogging for Hong Kong. 


Personal Thoughts on Hong Kong:

I am glad that I chose Hong Kong as my first solo trip. I fell in love with the nature and the fact there is a public transport for me to get around make the trips smoother. Not only that, the buildings have a nostalgic feel to it.. There is a separate feeling when I was at the city and the neighbourhood. I will be back for more adventures in Hong Kong that I've yet discover. 

And now, planning the next solo trip. Found a country to go next. Wait for it okay? 

Next post shall be about my recent volunteer trip!
Thank you for reading! 

see you whenever! 

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive To Negative Real Quick.

Dear Nenek Bibi.