25th.

assalamualaikum, readers. 

this came late but I still want to type it down. 

Dua Puluh Lima. 
seakan tidak percaya
aku sudah hidup begini lama
seorang anak dara 
yang sudah dewasa

I had my fair share of celebrations when I was a kid. Because my birthday is in June thus every school holidays we will be overseas. And thus, I celebrated it overseas. But it stopped when I was 20. I stopped having cakes. I stopped blowing candles. I stopped. All I wanted was just a celebration for myself. I celebrated myself. 

I stopped expecting gifts from friends but I do appreciate them when they gave me gifts or even spent time with me. Birthdays become any other day but I remembered it because technically, I should celebrate it no matter what. It is not that any other day, I cannot pamper myself but it is just special if I do it on my birthday. 

This year, my dear friends gave me a small cake and candle to blow, birthday box with al-quran & a long sleeve shirt with our hastag, birthday dinner & dessert and upcoming surprises from the best friend, not to forget, a white bag and eye makeup set by my aunt. I am thankful for the wishes and dua too.

I thanked Allah for all of the good things that happened. All of the trials and tribulations. I can never thank HIM enough. For I am happy and truly happy. 

I just want myself to keep growing into a better person. Learn a new language. Learn how to cook. Learn how to overcome my fears. Learn a new job. Learn how to become a better muslimah. Learn how to give sincerely. Learn how to not complain. Learn how to appreciate things and people. Learn how to progress. Learn how to be productive. Learn not to give up.

Learn. Progress. Insha'allah. I can do this

Happy belated 25th! 

Sayang,
Siti Zulaikha



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive To Negative Real Quick.

Hong Kong Day 2-4.

Dear Nenek Bibi.